The City of Choice to invest, work and live in.
To provide affordable, accessible and sustainable quality services, enhancing community participation and creating a secure climate for political,social and economic development through the commitment of a motivated and dedicated team.
Accountability, transparency, excellence, accessibility, integrity,
responsiveness, equity and team work.
Functions of CPSB
As per County Govt Act 2012 Sec 59
- 1. Establish and abolish offices in the county public service.
- 2. Appoint persons to hold and to act in offices in the county public service including confirming appointments.
- 3. Exercise disciplinary control over staff in the county public service.
- 4. Prepare regular reports for submission to the county assembly on the execution of its functions.
- 5. Promote ethical standards in the 0perations of the county public service.
- 6. Develop a coherent ,intergrated HR planning and budgeting for personnel emoluments in the county.
- 7. Advise on the implementation and monitoring of performance management system.
- 8. Make recommendations to SRC.
Powers of CPSB
- 1. Inform and educate county public officers and the public about the values and principles.
- 2. Recommend to the county government effective measures to promote the values and principles.
- 3. Assist county government in the formulation and implementation of programmes intended to inculcate in public officers the duty to uphold the values and principles.
- 4. Advise the county governments on their obligations under international treaties and conventions on good governance in the county public service.
- 5. Visit any county public office or body with a view to assessing and inspecting the status of compliance with the values and principles.
- 6. Investigate, on its own initiative or upon a complaint made by any person or group of persons, the violation of any values and principles.
- 7. Recommend to the relevant lawful authority, any necessary action in view of the violation of the values and principles by any person or public body.
- 8. Cooperate with other institutions working in the field of good governance in the public service.
- 9. Perform any other functions as the Board considers necessary for the promotion of the values and principles.